Enter your keyword



This visa has two parts: for spouse and dependents and for Parents (*SUPER VISA).


A Canadian citizen or permanent resident may sponsor her or his spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, or dependent children to come to Canada as permanent residents.The first step is for you to apply as the sponsor. Both you, as the sponsor, and your relative must meet certain requirements.

You can apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or accompanying dependent children live with you in Canada, even if they do not have legal status in Canada. However, all the other requirements must be met.

You can also apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children live outside Canada, and if they meet all the requirements.

When you sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada, you must promise to support them financially. Therefore, you have to meet certain income requirements. If you have previously sponsored relatives to come to Canada and they have later turned to the government for financial assistance, you may not be allowed to sponsor another person.

You cannot be sponsored as a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner if:

you are under 16 years of age

you (or your sponsor) were married to someone else at the time of your marriage

you have lived apart from your sponsor for at least one year and either you (or your sponsor) are the common-law or conjugal partner of another person

your sponsor immigrated to Canada and, at the time they applied for permanent residence, you were a family member who should have been examined to see if you met immigration requirements, but you were not examined or

your sponsor previously sponsored another spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, and three years have not passed since that person became a permanent resident.


To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:

be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;

be found admissible to Canada; and

meet certain other conditions.

Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:

the person’s ties to the home country;

the purpose of the visit;

the person’s family and financial situation;

the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and

an invitation from a Canadian host.

Note: There are certain jobs, which do not require Labour Market opinion.


We at AmCan can help you assess your eligibility and can later file your application under this category in a simplified way and can interact with Canadian immigration on your behalf as your authorized legal representative.

Note: We deal with legal adoption of child cases as well.

For free assessment fill up the assessment form